Teaching social justice in the classroom Posted on September 23rd, 2014 by

After talking about how we can teach social justice in the classroom, I found this website, (originally found it through Pinterest 🙂 ) and thought it was a great resource for teachers and parents. It has books that you can purchase, “anti-bias education” lesson plans, free articles on racial and cultural diversity, documentaries that are child-appropriate, and creative ideas to teach history.

http://www.teachingforchange.org

1. Alex Halvorson Johnson says:

This website is an amazing resource! I really enjoy the fact that you can purchase books and easily access great lessons on social justice topics and issues. I think that this is a resource that I will remember for my classroom, and also make sure that the parents know about it also. Thank you very much for sharing this with us!

• Leah Johnson says:

Thanks so much for sharing Sophie! Looks like a great resource I’ll have to keep a hold of. Thinking about our human relations class from blocks, becoming more and more aware of teaching multicultural education is so important. I think one of the biggest things as teachers is continuing to educator ourselves about different cultures and multicultural issues. Therefore we can work towards teaching in an unbiased way in our classrooms.