MCSS Conference! Posted on March 3rd, 2014 by

After our conference today, it reminded me of how competitive the teaching job market is today. I thought that the speaker for pre-service teacher was very educational and really made me think about the type of school I would indeed like to work at. After leaving the speaker I felt like I had more questions about the interview process? Such as…..

What is one of the main things he looks for in teachers?

Does a certain school help or harm your chances of getting a job possession?

What area in Minnesota is in the most need for new teachers?

How is the best way to make connects in education that would lead to possible job opportunities?

Is there areas in the United States that are in need of teachers?

What is one of the most common interview questions?

I am just starting to realize that applying for jobs and interview is not as far away. My hope is to be as prepared as possible to my the best impression possible. This conference also reminded me of the importance of social studies in the classroom and I am very excited about the free children book we received at the conference (Who Says Women Can’t Be DOCTORS? The story of Elizabeth Blackwell) I like that the book is written in the style of a children book while still bringing up the historical background of women’s rights. I am excited to put this in my classroom for my future students to read.

One Comment

1. Valerie Walker says:

I hope the mock interview in our class and your work in seminar help all of you feel prepared and confident!