In The News … New Issues Discussed At Education Conference Posted on March 15th, 2013 by

To conclude our education conference experiences for science and social studies, I found an appropriate news article from the Star Tribune talking about new issues talked about at the annual conference sponsored by Education Minnesota. A part of this conference included  sessions on using music and singing to help students learn math and language skills, and sessions on perennial problems such as the persistent achievement gap between white students and students of color. In addition, this conference provided educators with information on GLBT issues and bullying, two important topics that are now being addressed in schools across the nation. Here is the link to this article, check it out! It’s interesting to see what topics other conferences have to offer and how they are expanding to more controversial issues that should be addressed respectively in the classroom.

One Comment

1. Sarah Larson says:

This was a great article to show the different types of teaching conferences teachers can attend. While I was reading the article, I thought about our class Human Relations. I think this would have been a great conference for us to go to while we were in that class last semester. I believe this conference would be beneficial for future and current teachers to go to so they would be able to see how the classrooms have been transforming in this constantly changing time. I think having a conference is a great way to share such controversial issues with teachers. Awesome article Caitlin, and sounds like a fantastic conference!