Shout Out to Lauren Pauley the All Star English Teacher! Posted on October 15th, 2014 by

If anybody has a chance, you should ask to see Lauren’s writing portfolio. I knew she wants to be an English teacher but I had never before read any of her own writing. I really loved her piece that emphasized voice. It was very creative and fun to listen to. I think it also has potential to be a great lesson! I could see myself using a lesson like that in my own future classroom. You could do a mini-lesson about what it means to have a “voice” in your writing. Then the students could do some brainstorming on a fictional character they would like to write from the perspective of. Lauren, as a part of her pre-writing, made a character map where she brainstormed characteristics and interests of her character. The students could even draw a picture of their character! Then they would draft a piece of writing written in the voice of their fictional character. Lot of great potential with that fun writing project!