Something we should be on the watch for: “He for She” Posted on September 23rd, 2014 by

Here is Emma Watson’s Speech to the UN talking about feminism and the “He for She” campaign

1. Hannah Heider says:

I really enjoyed this video, and how it is blowing up on a variety of social networking sites to spread the good message. It is part of our job as teachers to not enforce gender stereotypes, such as men being strong and women not being bossy. Women should be able to show that they are smart, capable, and powerful. Men should be able to share their feelings without feeling like they are being weak.

If we do not teach this, then who will?

2. Elizabeth Anderson says:

Stephanie-
    Thank you so much for sharing this video. I had read a lot of powerful messages about this video that stuck out to people that are friends with me on Facebook. I am so glad that I took time out of my day to watch this video. Emma Watson is someone I have always looked up to and to see her make a speech like this makes me even more proud of her.
    I think that she articulated this problem very well in her speech. It is very shocking that no country in the world has achieved gender equality. Men and women equally have a huge role in spreading the power of feminism.
    Feminism isn’t about hating men. It is about men and women being equal. We need for everyone individually to be themselves. To be strong and to be sensitive no matter what their gender is.