First impressions of blogging Posted on February 12th, 2014 by

I’m curious about everyone’s first impressions of our class blog.

• What can I (or we) do to make this a meaningful experience?
  • What questions about reading, writing or teaching with blogs are on your mind?
  • What would people like to learn about the more technical side of blogging?

1. Valerie Walker says:

We can also explore using RSS feeds and checking the “subscribe” box as options to follow posts and comments without having to keep checking in on the website.

2. Valerie Walker says:

What are the benefits of synchronous chats where everyone is on at the same time? For us? For K-6 students? (This blog would be asynchronous because people go on and off at different times.) I’m curious to hear everyone’s thoughts on Jessica’s comment and question. We can certainly experiment with other social media forms?

• Jessica Ries says:

For me the benefit would be the ability to answer a student’s question right away, although I suppose if I kept up with checking a blog regularly it wouldn’t be a huge problem.

3. Jessica Ries says:

Is there a way to make blogs more interactive? Could there be an option for open forums (within the blog) or chats with the teacher? For example, would it be possible for me to have something similar to office hours on the blog site to answer any questions, in that moment, that parents or students may have?