Question Time! Posted on September 24th, 2013 by

I’ve been working on my kindergarten lesson plans and I realized that I have been asking very similar questions and mainly low level questions. As teachers, how can we ensure that we ask a variety of questions, to even students at a young age like kindergarten?

1. Samantha Meysenburg says:

I think it would be good to ask questions from a variety of levels, but to do it in a very strategic way. When you ask a more difficult question keep track of how many students are able to answer, and do the same for the lower level questions. I think if we did this we could figure out what questions fit into the range of levels that are appropriate for the specific students in our classes. In other words, our students are able to process different levels of thinking so we should have different levels of questions so each student in our class is challenged at some point.

2. Mark Nissen says:

I think the best way to make sure we have a variety of questions in our lessons is to really write as descriptive of lessons as we can. This will allow you to really plan out where you will ask questions and what exactly your questions will be. This will also make it easier to receive valuable feedback on your questions.