Education News Article

Posted on September 30th, 2012 by

Hi there everyone,

I came across this news article while roaming around online and I thought that it was rather interesting and relates to the generation of teachers we will be. ┬áThe article talks about the idea of “friending” your child’s teacher on facebook. I know we all have facebooks and very soon we will be teachers. I thought that this would be a good topic to maybe have some dialogue on. ┬áThe article also gives some information on ways your could use facebook but in an appropriate way. What do you all think?

Here is the link to the article!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/backtoschool/story/2012-09-05/teachers-facebook/57581640/1

1. Valerie Walker says:

I noticed that the article suggested having different accounts for professional and personal use. This makes sense to me. For example, sometimes my friends and I post about political issues. Even though they are fairly mild, I feel more comfortable keeping those discussions out of my professional spheres. Likewise, I’m not sure all my friends care about the latest children’s book. Of course, I’m a generation older than the teacher candidates in our program. What do you think?

2. Valerie Walker says:

I would love to read this, but it looks like the link doesn’t work. Can we try again?