Education News Article Posted on September 30th, 2012 by

Hi there everyone,

I came across this news article while roaming around online and I thought that it was rather interesting and relates to the generation of teachers we will be.  The article talks about the idea of “friending” your child’s teacher on facebook. I know we all have facebooks and very soon we will be teachers. I thought that this would be a good topic to maybe have some dialogue on.  The article also gives some information on ways your could use facebook but in an appropriate way. What do you all think?

Here is the link to the article!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/backtoschool/story/2012-09-05/teachers-facebook/57581640/1

1. Valerie Walker says:

I noticed that the article suggested having different accounts for professional and personal use. This makes sense to me. For example, sometimes my friends and I post about political issues. Even though they are fairly mild, I feel more comfortable keeping those discussions out of my professional spheres. Likewise, I’m not sure all my friends care about the latest children’s book. Of course, I’m a generation older than the teacher candidates in our program. What do you think?

2. Valerie Walker says:

I would love to read this, but it looks like the link doesn’t work. Can we try again?